Monday, March 4, 2013

THANK YOU and Friend Making Monday


I just want to start by thanking everyone that stopped by my blog over the last weekend from the Scrapbook Steals blog hop. I had seriously never received so much positive feedback and it felt good to know that people were actually seeing what I had created. So THANK YOU!!!
Now on to Friend Making Monday! If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. 
I've said it 100 times before, but I seriously LOVE Mondays just because of Friend Making Monday. Here are my responses to this week's topic.
 Almost Spring

1. What do you love most about Spring?  I’ve never really been one to have a preference of one season over another, but I am really appreciating spring this year. It has been so cold this year where I live and I’m just looking forward to milder temperatures.

2. If you’re lucky enough to have a Spring Break, what will you do to enjoy it?  Working in a middle school there is always the countdown to different breaks and the countdown to spring break is on! Last year I went to Paris and Italy. I don’t think anything can top that right now (until next year when I go to Dublin, London and Paris!!!). I’m just taking it easy this year – heading up to visit my family that is about five hours from here. Then I am going to just relax at home.

3. What is your favorite flower?  I love carnations. I’m not sure why, but I think they are just pretty. I like how you can change the color of the flower too by adding food coloring to water. Reminds me of being a kid.

4. Do you have a garden?  If so, what do you grow?  I tried to have a garden a couple of years ago and it was growing, but nothing came from it. I was disappointed. I don’t think the soil here is very good for gardening.

5. Share one thing that you hope to accomplish during Spring.  I hope to accomplish some spring cleaning and just getting myself more organized. I have lots of projects I want to work on, I just need to find the time.

6. Do you do Spring cleaning?  We have never officially done spring cleaning, but I am constantly trying to get my house cleaner than it is. It’s difficult having two kids who haven’t mastered cleaning up after themselves. This morning LD cleaned the cat box though so it’s a start and we will continue working on it.

7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just b/c it’s almost Spring, doesn’t mean that it feels like it for some of you.}  It is absolutely perfect right now. Over the weekend it reached the mid-70s. I think it is supposed to be in the 60s today. It rained overnight and smelled wonderful this morning when I got up.

8. Share one photo that you’ve taken during the month of March.  I finally went to City Creek up in Salt Lake over the weekend. We were pretty much just in and out (just bought some things at Forever 21), but it was still neat to see how much they’ve really revitalized SL.

You can't really see it, but this is EM in the above ground walkway and in the background is the Salt Lake LDS temple. It is really beautiful!

This is me, EM and my mom in the same spot.


9. What’s your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon?  I’m not sure. I feel like I spend so much time indoors. I definitely need to get outside more.

10. If you could spend the day doing anything in your city, what would you do?  I would like to do more hiking. There are so many cool places in southern Utah that I haven’t experienced and I am determined to do so. There is a spot called Fat Man’s Misery that I want to try to see if I can fit through it.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd be nervous about a place called Fat Man's Misery! I could see me getting my butt stuck! LOL!

    I love carnations, too. They smell good and last forever!

    stopping in from FMM - hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em is adorable! How old is she? It looks like you had a great time. I have a niece that's turning two in June. She lives back in Virginia. I miss her so much. I'm going home for her birthday and I cannot wait! :)

    Stopping by for a belated FMM. I answered the questions over at my blog, too. http://delightfullyshrinking.com/

    ReplyDelete